February 23, 2009

I think my Glycerine Soap bar made my hair Shinny!






So I'm going to retrace my steps.

Okay. So last week, I was so busy that I wasn't able to wash my hair for the entire week. Friday when I returned home I decided I had to make up for the neglect and deep condition my hair.

I used Elasta QP DPR 11 (I think I blogged about it in my last post).

It left my hair feeling very thick and healthy. Not necessarily soft, but definitely full and voluminous (as if I didn't have that feeling already), and just very strong. After this deep condition (that I mixed with Suave Naturals Conditioner - Strawberry), I messaged some Suave Natural Conditioner - Tropical Coconut on my hair and let it soak into the strands. I then finished with my regular ritual of Coconut oil and Shea butter.

While my hair was damp I plait it into cornrows and let it dry.

On Sunday (yesterday) I was bored so I decided to shampoo my hair. (I never shampoo after a deep condition, but I usually shampoo once a week, and I felt like I needed to, seeing as I was bored etc. So I took out the plaits and detangled my hair with a wide tooth comb and Kids Organics Shea butter detangler and moisturiser (smells so good). Once my hair was detangled I sectioned it off into 4 parts. I popped into the shower and proceeded to rinse, Shampoo and condition each section.

I risned, shampooed one section, rinsed, then conditioned it and braided it back with the conditioner still in the hair.

When I finished I rinsed all of the conditioner out and put some more in there, and had planned to leave the shower like that. Until I remembered that I had bought a glycerine and Vitamin E bar of soap from the market. So I thought. Hmmmm, I've heard good things about glycerine and hair on the forums, maybe I should try this.

So I took the bar of soap and started to rub it into my head (yes people. I did this). I messaged it into a nice soapy lather with the conditioner in there as well. And rinsed it out. My hair felt squeaky clean and very fragile so I took extra care to be gentle. I then proceeded to smear my hair with MORE conditioner lol. rinsed off my skin and got out of the shower. (with the conditioner still in there)

When I was out of shower I let my hair air dry a bit with the conditioner in there (as I always do) Then put some Coconut oil in the hair along with some Shea butter (natural organic of both). Rubbed it into my hair and made sure to coat the ends and the new growth. I then Plait my hair into cornrows again, and put some more coconut oil on my scalp and put a plastic bag over my head for an hour.

At the time my hair felt the way it always does after a shower so I didn't pay to much attention, or take notice of any great changes...

BUT TODAY! OH-MY-GAWWWWWWD!

I don't know if it was the glycerine, or If it was the bizarre routine that I did this weekend. But my hair is SOOOO SOFT, SOOOO SHINY, SOOO HEALTHY LOOKING.

My permed ends have never looked so Amazingly strong and healthy. They are soft and moisturised without any greasy feeling or any residue on the hands. The new growth is just has shiny and soft. It's just AMAZING. I don't know what to say, but I had to blog about it so that I can remember to try it again and see If I can achieve the same results.


I'm so Happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment