June 14, 2010

Straightening Natural hair and a cling film hair wrap

So after my honey treatment I rinsed my hair. I didn't shampoo it and I didn't condition it at all. Which I completely forgot to do, I was just blow away by how moisturized and soft my hair was (I honestly just realized.... as I was typing this... that I didn't condition my hair). Anyway after rising my hair I detangled it and placed my hair in rollers.I then blow dried my hair on low heat. I planned on sleeping in my hair like this until I got frustrated at how long it was taking and decided to comb-blow dry my hair.
This sped things up some what. Once my hair was completely blow dried I put my hair in braids and thought I would sleep in them like that. But once again I changed my plans and decided to take out the braids and blow out my entire head just to see what it would look like. Here are pictures of my hair after I took out my braids and the one below is after the blow out. I wish you could see how insanely shiny my hair is with NO product. I mean. aside from olive oil and honey left overs i suppose. These webcam pics don't do it justice. It's just insane. Not to mention the henna treatment already gives my hair a wicked auburn shine. I forgot to take pictures while I was straightening my hair, but basically I part my hair into two sections, top and bottom, and work my way from side to side of my hair in smaller pieces while using the flat iron (maxi glide) to straighten the hair. The maxiglide setting goes up to 10 and i straightened my hair on the 3 setting. In my opinion it was still WAY too hot, but anyway. So if you're wondering why it isn't Bone straight, that's why. This is the result, which i think is horrendous to be honest lol. I think it has to do with my wretched untrimmed knotted up ends, and the fact that my hair was being straightened while It had sugar on it. Way to damage my hair (it's the first time I've used heat since going natural - over a year ago- too).
I really wish you could see the colour and shine! Anyway, after this I brushed my hair around my head into a wrap around and decided that I'd try the cling film wrap that I saw moncherie(?) on youtube do. Her hair is relaxed I believe So i know I wont receive the same flowy results, but damn it's worth a try. We'll see how my hair looks in the morning. I'm excited. I'm going to trim the ends too. Cause they have go to go pronto!

No comments:

Post a Comment