June 14, 2010

Coconut Cream relaxer

Since I'm finished school for the summer and have a bit of time on my hands before I start working I have gone HAIR CARE CRAZY! I've been catching up on all my natural beauties and I've been educating myself on the new hair care products (or maybe old?) that we just HAVE TO TRY!

Anyway, I was doing some research on effective ways to naturally loosen your curls. I always henna my hair because of the various benefits and I have heard that it is a good way to loosen your curl, but i'm not sure it has over the 4 times I have. My hair is very very very fine but very very very thick (so not coarse and thick, fine and thick - as in I have LOADS of hairs on my head). When I henna my hair, it coats each strand and makes my hair coarse and thick. So it gets even bigger. I've definitely noticed that my curl pattern has changed from when I was a child before I began relaxing my hair. Anyway, i'm trying to get back to that, or at least ease the maintenance of my natural hair. (I don't care how many times people say it natural hair is definitely high maintenance... but so is relaxed hair if you know how to care for it.)

I discovered this video on a effective natural way to 'relax' your hair using coconut cream and coconut oil i believe. Check it out, I'm dying to give this a try when I pick up the products from my beauty supply store. I'm interested to see if and how it works.



No comments:

Post a Comment